Friday, May 13, 2016

Fabulous Friday #20: For the LOVE of Polka Dots!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE polka dots. And I mean, I LOVE them! Since I was a small girl. Maybe they remind me of Lucy. And well, she is a favorite of mine too!

But recently, I was going through my closet, changing out my clothes. Do you do that too? Putting away the winter wear. And getting out my summer clothes. My polka dot obsession, is a little out of control. But you know what? They put a smile on my face!

And even if I have a ton of polka dots already, I'm always looking for more. They are just too fun! So here are a few of my new favorites.


This top, is adorable. At $40, it's also a good buy. You could dress this up, or down. Depending on your mood. I would adore wearing this on the weekend, with my favorite jeans. Or pairing it with a pencil skirt or dress pants for work.


And this dress, is so cute! For just under $70, this would be perfect for Spring and Summer. Pair it with a blazer or cardigan, and I can also wear it to work. The fit of this dress, is very flattering as well.


A bit more dramatic, and pricey, is this little number. For $155, this would be cute to wear to a summer, outdoors wedding. Or maybe an outdoor festival. The cut is flattering, for most figures.


If you're not comfortable, with a head to toe, polka dot look...how about this blazer? $23 on eBay! I think this would look just as cute, with a red shirt and jeans. How fun, this piece would be!


For $55, these shoes sing to my heart! They'd be perfect for the weekends. When you just want to be comfy. And also a little stylish.


And I really LOVE these red peep toes. Oh, they are so cute. And add, just the right bit of fun, to my work clothes. No lie. I just ordered a pair. I couldn't resist. At $52, it was just what I needed, to make my day!


While I was at it, I ordered a couple of pairs, of these beauties. How cute! Knee high socks. With polka dots! My love! At $7.50 a pair, it was a good buy. So if you see some crazy lady running, with polka dots socks on, you know it's me. :)

My family knows, all about my polka dot obsession. Everyone always gives me scarves, socks, or other polka dot treasures. My Dad used to laugh at the silliness, that is me and my polka dots. But he also added to the madness. And bought me a few vintage, polka dot dresses.

So there you go. Polka dots, are a fun way to add some whimsy into your wardrobe. They are also classic, and timeless. A polka dot piece, can add fun to a professional wardrobe. And not make you look, like a 5 year old kid. So go try some polka dots. You can always start off small. With a pair of shoes...or even a scarf! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment