Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wishful Wednesday #5: Wellies

Wellies. Rain boots. Rubber boots. Galoshes. Garden boots. Whatever you call them, I LOVE them! Always have. And probably always will! There is something about them, that brings a smile to my face.

I first remember wellies, when I was a small kid. I used to help my grandpa, with his big garden. It was a HUGE task! My grandpa, was in his 80s, lived in the mountains, and insisted on a big garden! So all 6 years of me, would go help him. And he always insisted, we wear our rubber boots.

My grandpa would put on his overalls, plaid shirt, and rubber boots. He bought me a pair, at K-Mart. They were bright yellow. And I'd put them on, with my little short set. And we'd head out. We'd work on the garden for hours. Praying before we did work. Working hard, until lunchtime. Then we'd sit under a tree, and eat lunch, while listening to Paul Harvey. We did this every single day, during the summer. Afternoons were for relaxing, playing, and feeding the animals.

Then when I went to college, and had my own HUGE yard to manage, I went back to my wellie ways. I went to Target, and bought me a pair. With hearts, all over them! Every single time, I worked in the yard, I wore them. My neighbors thought I was nuts! 110 degrees, yoga pants, and wellies. :)

In October 2014, my Dad might have convinced a nurse to help him. Order me a pair of blue wellies. From his hospital bed. Just because! And I LOVE them! I might have started wearing them, because it sprinkled outside. Then when the snow hit. Now, I just wear them because, well I want to. With jeans. To the grocery store. Yup, I'm that lady.

And I wanted to share my love with you. It doesn't matter your price point. There is something out there for you! Promise! Yes, we probably all dream about the expensive ones. But there are more affordable pairs. That are so fun to wear!


This first pair, is more affordable. $40. From the Gardener's Supply Company. Definitely a gardener's type of wellie. A little fun and funky. Last week, they had the perfect polka dot pair. Sadly, they are now sold out!


Can we stop? For just a moment, and take them all in! Navy. Pink. Polka Dots. Hello lover! These are amazing! The Joules Molly Welly, are $58 at Back Country. They are currently having a sale. And I am really struggling, to not buy these! Seriously, they are sitting in my cart right this minute.

They are a nice classic, navy color. With just enough pink, to make them fun. And interesting. Those polka dots, they have my heart! No questions asked! And the little buckles, give the boots a sense of charm. Grace. And luxury.


These boots, I've seen a variety of styles, that are a close match. At all price points. With a little more pink, a slightly larger buckle, maybe a bow. But these are the ones, that keep calling my name. Again, a Joules product. This time, found at Target. For $75.

Like I said, I saw a variety of similar boots, from $20-200. It just depends on your taste. And where you decide to buy them. But honestly, these stripped boots, would be timeless. And would add just a bit of whimsy, to any outfit! I wouldn't mind getting a pair, for Love Day!


This next pair is also from Target. They are fun and funky. Love those little chickens. Makes me think, of all the time, I spent with my grandparents growing up. Working on the garden, feeding animals, and having fun! This pair is also by Joules, and comes in at $75.


The last pair, is by far, the most expensive. At $150. But is probably the best made pair, of the bunch. Hunter boots. Oh my goodness! Looking at their website, just makes me happy. So many pretty colors! Thundercloud, this lavender color, is my favorite! Maybe I'll win the lottery or something...

These are similar to the ones my Dad bought me. Except mine are dark blue. And, cost a fraction of the price. He got them on some deal, on one of the various "Morning Shows," we used to watch. But they are super comfy! And so warm! They also go, with just about anything in your closet. I may have worn mine, with a Summer Dress, this past Spring. :)

My only suggestion is, find some fun socks. Long socks. Boot socks preferably. But I feel this way, about any pair of boots, that you might throw on. Your feet will stay nice and warm. And dry, in a pair of wellies.

And don't just look at the price. I say this all the time. Shop your local stores. Go where you usually go to shop. I've purchased wellies, at Target. And K-Mart. Both for around $20. I've shopped e-Bay. And found some good quality, brand new wellies, for $15. I've purchased them online, at various stores. With online coupons. For anywhere between $20-200. They are all amazing!

Yes, I might have a wellie problem. It might have taken me, a week, to write this post. I kept getting distracted, by the endless possibilities! But really, they are a fun addition, to any outfit. At anytime of the year. And honestly, at any price point.

Go out. Take a look around. And buy a pair. They're not just for working in the yard. Or rainy days. Heck, pull on a pair of shorts, or your favorite summer dress. And add a little fun, to your outfit! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment