Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Crochet Inspiration 2: Snowflake Ornament...Turned Into A Snowflake Garland

I was looking for something fun to crochet. Something to add to my Dad's hospital room. You know, these rooms are a little boring and bland. And since it looks like it will be a few weeks until we get home, I need to add a little something-something to this place.

I was thinking of a garland. But Valentine's Day decorations are just a little too much right now. I'm thinking something for winter. A little bit of fun and whimsy. Then I thought about this little snowflake...

 
So I'm thinking, these little snowflakes, made into a garland. With a few wintery blue colors. 7 white, 6 little blue, and 6 medium blue...connected with white. I think it would make for a fun garland. You know, with all this weird winter weather that we are having. I think we need some snowflakes. Real snowflakes. Not the pretend things, that are all over the weather maps...and never make it to the sky.
 
Recently, I was telling a friend of mine, that patterns are just a little "roadmap" for you. It's there. It gives you an idea, or a direction. But it's not the "end all." You can change that pattern around. You can add to it. You can use a pattern like this, to add an applique to a hat, scarf, or even a blanket. Lots of times, I find a cute appliques, to make different garlands.
 
So the next time you see a cute applique, ornament, or other little trinket...think of all the things you can make with that pattern. This pattern, I've added to a scarf and hat recently. And it really came out nice. My little cousin likes that she has a "Frozen" hat and scarf. Funny how she made that connection. But it's a nice little treat. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment