Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Crochet Inspiration 25: Out & About

At the beginning of the month, My Mom and I sold at our church's Christmas Craft Fair. We did so good. And sold a ton of stuff! I mean a ton! Many items that we'd had for a while. But we kept a little list of the top sellers. You know, we only have about 6 weeks to stock up. You know, before our next sale. :)

Well, I was trying to stock up on some of these items. One being a certain scarf. The real story being, my sister wanted a dark purple scarf that we had. She put it down, to look at a few other things. In case you don't know, my sister works on TV shows and movies. So she works long, crazy hours. And hadn't had time to go shopping. I think she did a good 50% of her shopping in one afternoon. Our fellow crafters, were very happy!

But when my sister put that purple scarf down, and a friend of ours...well she bought it. So I thought, I could make my sister the whole set for Christmas. Something that matched. In her favorite color. So she doesn't freeze on set, at 3AM.

Then I hit a snag. I couldn't find the pattern. Anywhere! And my sister is headed to Croatia. For 2 months! And I got a call. From a lady at church. Wanting to order 5 sets! What to do???


Fast forward almost 10 days, and I still couldn't find the pattern. I searched our containers of patterns. I searched online. And then I started asking friends. I kept coming up empty handed.

Finally I realized, when Coats & Clark merged their free patterns with Red Heart, not everything made the move. This pattern happened to be one of those...

So as any other crafter would do, I kept on searching. Then I remembered the pattern is called "Out & About." A few Google searches later...I found Purple Kitty Yarns. And the pattern! Don't you just LOVE it?!?!?! Now I better get to crocheting. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment