Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Crochet Inspiration #6: Crochet for Dogs

I'm not going to lie here, this entire post, was inspired by a customer. And my dogs. You see, we crochet all the time! ALL. THE. TIME!!! And a few times a year, our church has a Craft Fair. We have been selling at them, for a few years now.

We have some steady customers. They'll call us from time to time, to make various things. Baby blankets, dolls, gifts. And we'll meet them at church, with whatever they've ordered. Sometimes, they'll text me a picture of something, that they want made. Or they'll bring my Mom a doily, that their grandma made. Years ago. And my Mom will figure it out. That sort of thing.

Well, for a couple of years, a few ladies have asked for dog sweaters. I couldn't even wrap my mind around it. Honestly, I didn't put much thought into it. And they never really pushed too hard. Just asked if I'd ever made on before. Would I ever consider making one. That sort of thing.

And honestly, I didn't. Until I got my puppy. And she didn't fit into any sweaters. Then I couldn't find any sweaters, that didn't scream Christmas, all over them! So one night, I did a Google search. Somehow, my Pinterest account was suspended. I don't know why. And the people I've been e-mailing, have been rather weird about it. So off to Google I went.

I found a couple of pictures. No real pattern, but even if I would have found a pattern, my sweet girl was so small, I don't think they would have worked. So I created my own sweater. And my puppy loved it! My Mom LOVED it even more! And over the next 2 days, her dog got one too!

One day, I took our dogs to the park, in these sweaters. And one of these ladies, from church, saw them. So she took it upon herself, to find me some inspiration. She collected a few pictures, and on Sunday, she put in her order! Now, let's take a look, at some of these cute creations!


She really liked this sweater. In fact, this sweet lady, just might have brought me some buttons too. Little dog bone and paw buttons. It doesn't look too difficult. So this might be, the starting point for me.


This sweater has a bit more, detail to it. In terms of stitches. But I think it is also, completely doable. I want to make this so bad! Maybe my puppy, will be my test model. :)


This sweater/dress completely cracked me up! But this is one of the outfits, that the sweet lady requested! First. As in, can I have it done by Sunday? I'm working on it!


Shut up! I know! This would be outfit number two, that must be done, by Sunday. Honestly not too bad! Looks like a basic sweater. Made with single crochet. A little color change. And a cute bow. This should be fun!


And a hat! I have never considered this. Ever! Years ago, we had rescued an older poodle. Male poodle. My Mom was always dressing him up. He wore hats...but it was generally for some Halloween costume. Nothing like this.

My pups now, would never consider it! I can barely keep a bow, on my puppy. My Mom's dog, HATES anything in her fur. So a hat? I'm really wondering if this lady's dogs will wear them. I have to figure out the ear thing. But I think it is completely doable!


She also requested a few paws and bones, on the sweaters. How cute! That should be easy to do. I'm thinking these can go on the first two sweaters. The other two, have quite a bit going on, already.


And she wants two of these dog mats. Actually, just a few weeks ago, I was setting my Mom up on Pinterest. And one of the first things that showed up in her feed, was a similar picture. The only difference was, the one on Pinterest had a dog paw on one side. Our dogs, actually need one of these. You'd be shocked, by how many times a day, the water bowl goes flying across the floor...


And because I make baby blankets, she's requested a puppy blanket. This looks like a pretty easy blanket. I think the toughest part, will be making the appliques.


Lastly, she wants some dog bones. Her dogs must be spoiled. But who am I to talk? I'm sure I can find a pattern, somewhere, for these bones!

Lots of cute ideas. Lots of things, I'd never think of. Lots of ideas, for my pups. Honestly, this lady stood and talked to me, for about an hour. I can only imagine, she is searching for more ideas. As I type this. But that's OK. Just to see her smile, would totally be worth it!

On another note, the lady that sells all the cute dog clothes at the Craft Fair, has asked us to make some sweaters too. She sells her stuff, in a local dog grooming place. And lots of people have been asking for sweaters. This might turn into some sort of side business. I guess I should get to work! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment