Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tasty Tuesday #6: Overnight Caramel Pecan Rolls

I've shared with you, many times, how my grandma was such an amazing cook! She was a cook manager, for almost her entire career. Starting in the 1950s. Nothing she ever cooked, was bad. Ever! It was all homemade. Made from scratch. So yummy!

Probably the thing my family misses the most, is her bread. Any kind, you could ever think of! Tortillas, corn tortillas, loaves of bread, hamburger buns, hotdog buns, clover rolls, dinner rolls, turnovers, and cinnamon rolls. My mouth is watering, just thinking about it.

When I left for college, I baked. That was pretty much it! I didn't really cook. But I could crank out, 2 dozen tortillas, in no time. I could make stacks of corn tortillas, like my life depended on it. Bread, cakes, cookies, bars, brownies, cinnamon rolls...they were my specialty. All because of this amazing lady...all 4 feet of her! She had me baking, at age 2!

I was smart enough, to ask my grandma, for her recipe. At my graduation party, she wrote it down. On a napkin. And I slipped it into my card  box. You see, my grandma used the same recipe, for everything! You just needed to know, how to work the dough, cut it, and form it...to make all these different treats.

From time to time, I take out that napkin, and make a batch of cinnamon rolls. They are so yummy! A little time consuming, but so delicious! And all cinnamon rolls, take a bit of time. Well, usually...

This week's Recipe of the Week, from Gooseberry Patch, is going  challenge me. OK, it's not from scratch. But it was still delicious!



Overnight Caramel Pecan Rolls



Ingredients:
2-3.4-oz. pkgs. instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. chilled butter
36 frozen rolls, divided

 
 
 
Directions:
Combine dry pudding mixes, brown sugar and pecans in a bowl. Cut in butter; set aside. Arrange half the frozen rolls in a lightly greased Bundt® pan. Sprinkle half the pudding mixture over top. Repeat layering with remaining rolls and pudding mixture. Cover loosely; refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Invert onto a serving plate. Serves 10 to 12.



Sunday, my Mom and I sold at our church's Craft Fair. We've been doing it for years now. And the people at church have been so supportive of us! Especially the ladies in charge of the Craft Fair. And the guys, that help us setup. So I baked a batch of these Pecan Rolls. And you know what, they were delish!

I prepped them Saturday night. After my Mom and I had baked. And went to a birthday party. It was around 11PM. And on Sunday morning, I put them to bake, while I took a shower. The entire house, smelled so good! Our dogs kept going by the oven, trying to figure out what was cooking.

And they were a hit! Every last piece, was gobbled up, in about 5 minutes. Seriously! My Mom and I hadn't even set up our tables. And every last crumb, was gone! They were definitely a hit. And I'm going to have to make them again. Especially, since my Mom and I, didn't even get a bite.

These rolls, would be perfect for a brunch too! I think on a pretty platter, they would look amazing! Because they turnout in one big, beautiful piece! The caramel is so yummy looking! And honestly, they are super easy to put together. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment