Monday, February 8, 2016

Music Monday #6: Humble and Kind

Do you ever hear a song, and it just stops you? Dead in your tracks. Gives you chills. You think, they were reading my mind. Hey, this song feels so familiar. Yet, you know, you've never heard it before.

I felt that way, just this past week. I heard "Humble and Kind." For the first time. On my way to see a patient. I literally had to pull over, onto the side of the road. It hit me that hard! And I just sat there, and listened. Silently, the tears fell. And I had goosebumps, everywhere!

This song, reminded me, of all those lessons I was taught as a child. The values that my family, was instilling, in me. The words reminded me, of my Daddy. Of a chapter of struggle. These simple words, reminded me of the struggles, that I'm currently carrying. It reminded me, that no matter what I'm facing, there is always a humbling moment.


"Don't hold a grudge or a chip, and here's why. Bitterness keeps you from flyin'." Words I need to remember. I need to write them down, and keep them close. Hard times, many times, makes people hard. And I don't want to be, that kind of person. I don't want to be bitter in life. I want to soar. I want to make the world, a better place.

Just sit and listen to these words. Or read over the lyrics. It really is a beautiful song. I enjoy country music, for this reason. There is such meaning, behind the music. And Tim McGraw, is just one of those artists, that gives even more to his music. His music, has inspired me, so many times.

"Be humble and kind." Words spoken, from my Daddy, many times. More than I could count. It was his way of life. Never forgetting where he came from. Or the people that helped him get there. Never holding a grudge. Or harming others. Always knowing, there was good to be done, in this world. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment